The RT6204 is a 60V, 500mA, 350kHz, high-efficiency, synchronous step-down DC-DC converter with an input-voltage range of 5.2V to 60V and a programmable output-voltage range of 0.8V to 50V. It features current-mode control to simplify external compensation and to optimize transient response with a wide range of inductors and output capacitors. High efficiency can be achieved through integrated N-MOSFETs, and pulse-skipping mode at light loads. With EN pin, power-up sequence can be more flexible and shutdown quiescent current can be reduced to < 3μA.
The RT6204 features cycle-by-cycle current limit for over-current protection against short-circuit outputs, and user-programmable soft-start time to prevent inrush current during startup. It also includes input under-voltage lockout, output under-voltage, and thermal shutdown protection to provide safe and smooth operation in all operating conditions.
The RT6204 is available in the SOP-8 (Exposed pad) package.
- 4-20mA Loop-Powered Sensors
- OBD-II Port Power Supplies
- Low-Power Standby or Bias Voltage Supplies
- Industrial Process Control, Metering, and Security Systems
- High-Voltage LDO Replacement
- Telecommunications Systems
- Commercial Vehicle Power Supplies
- General Purpose Wide Input Voltage Regulation